- “This is one of the best restored B&B's and restuarant combinations I have ever visited...” - Dan K.
- “...[T]he next morning was the very, very best -- their breakfast. I have had breakfasts almost all over the world, but this was the very best.” - jm5445
- “I never want to stay at a regular hotel again.” - ABP_14
- “One of the best B&B I've ever had the pleasure to stay in. The personal attention that the owners pay to each guest sets them apart from any other proprietors.” - Sandra N
- “The Capt. A. V. Nickels is a beautifully restored B & B with excellent dining, but their true treasure might be their owners attention to putting it all together.” - natemom
- “So beautiful, so romantic, so comfortable, and the individual attention owners Mike and Brenda give each guest is unmatched anywhere we've ever stayed.” - Anne V
- “Mike and Brenda and their entire staff made our visit so memorable that we intend to make our trip to the Captain A.V. Nickels Inn an anniversary tradition.” - Gayle H
- “We are so glad that we chose this Inn; not only was it the most beautiful place we've seen, but it was so comfortable and relaxing.” - karen l
- “All in all a wonderful place and a great value. Prices were below other inns we have stated at and you get a lot more in food and services for your money.” - PDAA
- “Michael and Brenda are welcoming and skillful hosts and our stay with them in this very picturesque spot was a relaxing and enjoyable introduction to Searsport and mid-coast Maine.” - Roger M
- “The inn is spectacular, on a great location and furnished with some amazing pieces of European antiques.” - PINKIE_9
- “We had a great stay and thought it was an excellent value and can't wait to visit again. rdquo; - WheresKnoxNow
The Captain A. V. Nickels Inn
Our historic Inn sits on three ocean-side acres with beautiful gardens, a fountain and walkways to shoreline seating. In season we have croquet, badminton, and horseshoes on the lawn. There are classic Adirondack chairs by the ocean’s edge for quiet moments of reflection. Guest areas include two sitting rooms, a library, a lounge for evening wine and cheese served to all guests, a dinning room, a breakfast conservatory, and loggia with views to the bay. After having slept in spacious suites beautifully furnished with antiques and sumptuous beds, overnight guests awake to the site of the sunrise across the bay and will enjoy a three-course gourmet Mimosa breakfast in the Inn’s sunlit conservatory. The murmur of waves from the bay and wonderful sea air enhance the restful atmosphere. All rooms have private baths, flat screen TV’s, and wireless internet capabilities.
The Captain A. V. Nickels Inn features 8 rooms and suites - each with modern amenities and private facilities. Each room is named after a Port of Call and features themed decor. All of our rooms include a gourmet breakfast in the morning, flat screen cable televisions, Keurig coffee and tea service, free WiFi Internet access, iPod-connectable entertainment centers/radios, private bath and/or shower facilities, premium Egyptian cotton bedding, and access to the first floor library and lounges.
All rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to Maine Lodging Tax. Average rate listed is subject to availability and may be higher during certain periods. Call the inn directly at 207-548-1104 to book your stay.
Check-in is between 3 and 7 p.m. (exceptions with prior notice). Check-ins after 7 p.m. must call first to make arrangements and rooms may not be guaranteed. Check out time is 11 a.m. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, personal checks and cash. Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets -- Maggie (our Scottie) and Malone (the West Highland Terrier) are in-residence and opposed to shared attention.
Our largest suite features a private entrance, queen sized sleigh bed, living area with couches and a flat screen television, a dining area, kitchen with full sized refrigerator, bath/shower combo, and a private balcony over looking Penobscot Bay. Located on the third floor of the inn, The Captain’s Suite also allows access to the giant copula and widow’s walk – both boasting spectacular views of the bay and surrounding area. The balcony includes an outdoor dining table and seating/lounge facilities to enjoy the sea breeze. Average rate: $255.00 per night.
Havana is our second floor suite and features wonderful views of the bay from the extra large private balcony. From the private entrance, you find yourself in the living room, with an electric fireplace, large flat screen television, pull-out couch and comfy arm chair. Venture out onto the deck, or head back into the huge bedroom and bath. Havana features a giant king bed, Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, wet bar/kitchenette area, and fantastic views. Average rate: $255.00 per night.
Havana can be expanded to include an additional double bedroom (for an additional charge) and can also be connected to Port of Call Portofino should guests require more expansive accommodations.
Our front queen bedroom is named for the British capitol city and features beautiful English antiques. The spacious room includes all of our standard amenities, a private shower and facilities, antique cobalt chandelier and a plush blue Persian carpet over hardwood floors. Average rate: $175.00 per night.
Paris is our largest and most popular queen bedroom. The sun drenched accommodations include elegant burgundy walls and a regal four poster bed which requires a step up. The rich Parisian appointments, private shower and facilities, sea view, and modern amenities will ensure a relaxing stay. Average rate: $175.00 per night.
Drawing on the beautiful courtyard gardens of Charleston, we’ve designed a room that’s whimsical and comfortable. The queen bed and window are framed with yards of silk spilling from window boxes found at a flea market in France with watercolor prints covering the walls (including paintings by our innkeeper Brenda). The room also includes a large bath/shower combination. Average rate: $175.00 per night.
Dublin is a step back in time when the culture of Ireland revolved around horses and racing. This room has a private bath a few steps across the corridor (it is our only room without en suite facilities) and its own leprechaun in residence waiting to bring you luck. Dublin includes a very comfortable antique double bed and rich European appointments. Average rate: $165.00 per night.
Featuring rich textures and colors, Istanbul draws on the culture and exotic beauty of the ancient city of Constantinople. The room includes a brass double bed and extra large bath and dressing room. Average rate: $165.00 per night.
Our version of accommodations in the beautiful Italian seaside resort, Portofino features a fanciful four poster queen bed, large bath facilities with an antique claw-foot cast iron tub, and a stone tiled walk-in shower. If you need more space, Portofino can also be expanded with an extra double bedroom (for an additional charge) and can also be connected to the Havana Suite. Average rate: $175.00 per night.