Nineteenth-century sea captains seemed to fancy our town overlooking Penobscot Bay. Some 300 maritime captains set sail from our waterways to the far reaches of the earth, including India and China, but always navigated their way home to their grand estates of Searsport.
Our inn is located along the East Main Street Historic District, dubbed by some as Captain’s Row due to the handful of estates once belonging to distinguished men of the sea. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it includes a collection of five residential properties with Italianate influences built between 1860 and 1875. Three of these properties—ours included—are also listed individually on the National Register of Historic Places.










