|Second Floor, Smart TV, Seating Area, Electric Fireplace
|The David William
|Second Floor, Smart TV
|The Desiah Elizabeth
|Second Floor, Smart TV
|Clawfoot Tub & Walk-in Shower
|Second Floor, Smart TV, Option to Add Annex Room
|The Albert Nickels
|First Floor, Jetted Shower, Smart TV, Electric Fireplace
|Second Floor, Smart TV, Electric Fireplace
|Second Floor, Smart TV, Fireplace, Seating Area, Ocean View
|Third Floor, Jetted Shower, Smart TV, Sitting Room
|The Amos Suite
|Soaking Tub & Walk-in Shower
|Second Floor, Smart TV, Private Entrance, Fireplace, Living Room, Kitchenette, Private Deck & Firepit, Ocean View
|Soaking Tub & Walk-in Shower
|Third Floor, Smart TV, Kitchenette, Private Entrance, Private Deck & Firepit, Cupola, Electric Fireplace, Ocean View
* Two Additional Guests with Annex Room | ** Private Hallway Bath
Each room at Captain Nickels Inn is different in design, size, colors, furniture, and amenities:
- Private bathrooms (all en-suite except The Edna)
- Flat-panel smart television
- Complimentary WiFi
- Luxurious Archipelago Morning Mint toiletries
- Ultra-Soft robes
- High thread-count linens, plush comfortable pillows, triple-sheeted linens
- Air conditioning (some heat pump, some window units)
- Community refrigerator
- Hairdryer, iron, and ironing board
- The Amos Suite and the Captain’s Suite have outdoor balconies with firepits
- Electric fireplaces in Albert Nickels, The Edna, The Harriet, The Katherine, The Amos Suite, Captain’s Suite
During your getaway to Searsport, make sure to spend some time relaxing right here at the inn to enjoy:
- Non-smoking, non-vaping property
- Snack and beverage station
- Bocce ball
- Free WiFi
- Sun Decks
- Cottage by the bay with Adirondack Chairs
- Board games
Captain Nickels Inn Official Policies
If you discovered our inn while browsing other booking websites, we suggest using them for your research, but to always book your reservation direct through our official website. With us, you will get the best rate and cancellation policy, a complimentary upgrade when possible, as well as a personal and warm interaction.
We welcome our guests between 3:00-6:00 p.m. Early check-ins are permitted only with advance notice. A $35 nominal fee will be added with all early check-ins. An additional $25 per hour will be added to your reservation when arriving before 2:00 pm.
While we look forward to meeting every guest upon arrival, should your schedule necessitate a late arrival, please contact us for self check-in arrangements.
Check out is by 11 a.m. Late check-out may be available with advance notice. Late check-outs without prior permission will be charged $100.00 late check-out fee.
Rates and Availability
Please see our Availability Calendar for individual room rates and availability. All quoted rates are based on single or double occupancy and include full breakfast and an afternoon sweet treat.
All rooms have a maximum occupancy of two guests, with the exception of the additional Annex Room once added to The Elizabeth, which can accommodate up to four guests. There are additional fees for the additional guests. Please see the rates and availability here.
As a romantic inn, our property is not appropriate for children under the age of 10. We invite all of our guests to enjoy and respect our historic inn and the display of unique antiques throughout; Children under 17 should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please feel confident using our secure online booking application. You may also call us at 207-548-1104 and we will take care of the reservation for you. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Stays of 1 night require 100% pre-payment at the time of booking. Stays of more than 1 night require a 50% deposit, with a minimum deposit of 1 night. The remaining balance due is charged 14 days before arrival.
Minimum Stay Requirements
Typically weekends and peak periods have minimum stay requirements, please refer to our availability chart. However, we can occasionally accommodate shorter stays in between other reservations, or if there is a last-minute cancellation. Please feel free to contact us at 207-548-1104 to inquire.
If you must cancel or change the dates of a reservation, please provide written notice at least 15 days prior to the scheduled arrival date in order to receive a refund of your deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee per room. If notice of cancellation is received within 14 days, the reservation is non-refundable. Guests who have concerns about cancellations may want to consider Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance against unforeseen circumstances, including illness, airline cancellations, inclement weather, etc. Please note – because of our intimate size, cancellations affect us significantly. Once you book a room, it is held for YOU, meaning, we turn away all other requests for that room. For this reason, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policy and offer no exceptions.
Our bed and breakfast has a full Liquor License, which means that it is illegal for guests to bring their own alcoholic beverages into our common areas, to the Tavern, or on the deck. You may, of course, enjoy these in the privacy of your own room or on the front porch. We have a lovely, curated list of our wine, cider, bubbles, and craft beers available in The 1874 Tavern. We would love to serve you.
We are a non-smoking and non-vaping inn. Smoking of ANY sorts is prohibited in rooms, common areas, on the porches and patios, as well as on the grounds. A $250 smoking fee will be added to the final bill and you will be asked to leave immediately without refund.
We love pets, (trust us!) but we cannot accommodate them at our Bed & Breakfast. Service dogs are of course welcome; please do let us know ahead of time if you are bringing a service dog as our own dogs do live on property with us. We unfortunately cannot host Emotional Support or Therapy dogs.
Captain Nickels Inn warmly welcomes all guests, however, due to the historic significance of our 1874 Maine Coast property, the Inn is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility are not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. These barriers include:
- Numerous steps
- No elevator
- Narrow hallways and doorways
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described the features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make all rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the features of the hotel and rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals. We do ask that you call ahead so we can plan on welcoming your service animal appropriately.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 207-548-1104 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us 24/7 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.