|Port of Call Dublin||Two||Queen||Tub/Shower Combo**||Second Floor, Smart TV, Seating Area, Electric Fireplace||Check Rates|
|Port of Call Istanbul||Two||Queen||Tub/Shower Combo||Second Floor, Smart TV||Check Rates|
|Port of Call Portofino||Four*||Queen||Clawfoot Tub & Walk-in Shower||Second Floor, Smart TV, Option to Add Annex Room||Check Rates|
|Port of Call London||Two||King||Walk-in Shower||Second Floor, Smart TV, Electric Fireplace||Check Rates|
|Port of Call Charleston||Two||Queen||Tub/Shower Combo||Second Floor, Smart TV||Check Rates|
|Port of Call Paris||Two||Queen||Walk-in Shower||Second Floor, Smart TV, Fireplace, Seating Area, Ocean View||Check Rates|
|Captain’s Suite||Four||Queen||Jetted Tub||Third Floor, Smart TV, Full Kitchen, Add 2 Twin Beds, Private Entrance, Private Deck & Firepit, Cupola, Electric Fireplace, Ocean View||Check Rates|
|Port of Call Havana||Four*||King||Soaking Tub & Walk-in Shower||Second Floor, Smart TV, Private Entrance, Fireplace, Living Room, Kitchenette, Private Deck & Firepit, Ocean View, Option to Add Annex Room||Check Rates|
* Two Additional Guests with Annex Room | ** Private Hallway Bath
Each room at Captain Nickels Inn is different in design, size, colors, furniture, and amenities:
- Private bathrooms (all en-suite except Port of Call Dublin)
- Flat-panel smart television
- Complimentary WiFi
- Luxurious Archipelago Morning Mint toiletries
- Ultra-Soft robes in select rooms
- High thread-count linens, plush comfortable pillows, triple-sheeted linens
- Air conditioning (some heat pump, some window units)
- Community refrigerator
- Hairdryer, iron, and ironing board
- Port of Call Havana and the Captain’s Suite have outdoor balconies with firepits
- Electric fireplaces in Dublin, London, Paris, Havana, Captain’s Suite
During your getaway to Searsport, make sure to spend some time relaxing right here at the inn to enjoy:
- Non-smoking, non-vaping property
- Snack and beverage station
- Bocce ball
- Free WiFi
- Sun Decks
- Cottage by the bay with Adirondack Chairs
- Board games
Captain Nickels Inn Official Policies
If you discovered our inn while browsing other booking websites, we suggest using them for your research, but to always book your reservation direct through our official website. With us, you will get the best rate and cancellation policy, a complimentary upgrade when possible, as well as a personal and warm interaction.
Check-in is between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Please inquire ahead of time for availability of early check-in.
While we look forward to meeting every guest upon arrival, should your schedule necessitate a late arrival, please contact us for self check-in arrangements.
Check out is by 11 a.m. Late check-out may be available with advance notice.
Rates and Availability
Please see our Availability Calendar for individual room rates and availability. All quoted rates are based on single or double occupancy and include full breakfast and afternoon tea, as well as sweet and savory treats.
All rooms have a maximum occupancy of two guests, with the exception of the Captain’s Suite or with the additional Annex Room once added to Port of Call Havana and Port of Call Venice, which can accommodate up to four guests. There are additional fees for the additional guests. Please see the rates and availability here.
As a romantic inn, our property is not appropriate for children under the age of 10. We invite all of our guests to enjoy and respect our historic inn and the display of unique antiques throughout; Children under 17 should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Please feel confident using our secure online booking application. You may also call us at 207-548-1104 and we will take care of the reservation for you. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Stays of 1 night require 100% pre-payment at the time of booking. Stays of more than 1 night require a 50% deposit, with a minimum deposit of 1 night. The remaining balance due is charged 14 days before arrival.
Minimum Stay Requirements
Typically weekends and peak periods have minimum stay requirements, please refer to our availability chart. However, we can occasionally accommodate shorter stays in between other reservations, or if there is a last-minute cancellation. Please feel free to contact us at 207-548-1104 to inquire.
If you must cancel or change the dates of a reservation, please provide written notice at least 15 days prior to the scheduled arrival date in order to receive a refund of your deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee. If notice of cancellation is received within 14 days, we will make every effort to rebook your room, and refund your deposit to the extent that the room is rebooked minus a $50 cancellation fee. Guests who have concerns about cancellation may want to consider Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance against unforeseen circumstances, including illness, airline cancellations, inclement weather, etc. Please note – because of our intimate size, cancellations affect us significantly. Once you book a room, it is held for YOU, meaning, we turn away all other requests for that room. For this reason, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policy and offer no exceptions.
Our bed and breakfast has a full Liquor License, which means that it is illegal for guests to bring their own alcoholic beverages into our common areas, or to the restaurant, wine bar, or terrace. You may, of course, enjoy these in the privacy of your own room. For your convenience, a full list of our available curated wine, bubbles, and craft beers is available in your room as well as at the front desk. We would love to serve you.
We are a non-smoking and non-vaping inn. Smoking of ANY sorts is prohibited in rooms, common areas, on the porches and patios, as well as on the grounds.
We love pets, (trust us!) but we cannot accommodate them at our hotel. Service dogs with service papers, leashes, and service vests are of course welcome; please let us know ahead of time if you are bringing a service dog.
Captain Nickels Inn warmly welcomes all guests, however, due to the historic significance of our 1874 Maine Coast property, the Inn is not wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility are not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. These barriers include:
- Numerous steps
- No elevator
- Narrow hallways and doorways
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described the features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make all rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the features of the hotel and rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals. We do ask that you call ahead so we can plan on welcoming your service animal appropriately.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 207-548-1104 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 24/7 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.